‘Let’s make Dinagyang safe for everyone’

ILOILO City – Follow rules and regulations so that everyone will enjoy the 2020 Dinagyang Festival.

This was the appeal of Iloilo City Police Office (ICPO) spokesperson, Police Captain Shella Mae Sangrines. 

As law enforcers, Sangrines said they want to ensure a peaceful holding of the Dinagyang, one of the country’s biggest festivals that has been drawing hundreds of thousands of visitors to this southern city every fourth Sunday of January.    


According to Sangrines, authorities have not yet recorded a major crime incident as of 4 p.m. yesterday. “Since Friday until Saturday in the afternoon, we are happy to announce that we have zero crime incident and we are hoping peace and order would be maintained until our festival culminates,” she said.

Sangrines added that no trouble makers or unruly spectators so far have been detained in the mobile patrol of the Bureau of Jail Management and Penology that are being used as temporary detention cell for those who will create disturbance.

She also cited ICPO’s latest record where no gun ban violators were apprehended yet since it took effect on Jan. 22. The gun ban will last until Jan. 28.

“The public is aware of these tight security measures we are implementing,” said Sangrines.

The ICPO deployed 3,300 police personnel included in the augmentation forces from the Police Regional Office 6 and the Armed Forces of the Philippines.

Sangrines said signal jamming will start today in some parts of the city, which include the performance areas to make sure that spectators and contestants are well guarded and lawless elements could not launch their atrocities. The signal shutdown will start at 6 a.m. until 2 p.m./PN


LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here