Marcos vows faster access to life-saving care with 51 new ambulances in Region 6

Photo courtesy of Bongbong Marcos
Photo courtesy of Bongbong Marcos

ILOILO – President Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr. said life-saving care will be more swiftly accessible to the residents of Region 6, particularly in vulnerable communities and geographically isolated and disadvantaged areas.

His announcement came during the handover ceremony of 51 state-of-the-art Patient Transport Vehicles (PTVs) at Plaza Paloma, Passi City, on Thursday morning, September 19.

The distribution of the PTVs was part of the Medical Transport Vehicle Donation Program (MTVDP) spearheaded by the Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office (PCSO).

Negros Occidental received the highest number, 19 PTVs, followed by Iloilo Province with 18, Antique with seven, Aklan with four, and Guimaras with three.

“It is always great to return to Iloilo and receive the same warm welcome from the Ilonggos,” Marcos said.

He emphasized the commitment to quick delivery, stating, “Promises only go so far — it is how quickly you deliver that truly matters.”

During his speech to the elected local officials of Western Visayas, Marcos highlighted the recent outpouring of support for the government’s free programs and services under the “Handog ng Pangulo: Serbisyong Sapat para sa Lahat Program” held at the Iloilo Provincial Capitol last week.

“These vehicles are crucial in ensuring that help arrives without delay, as every second matters in health care,” Marcos said.

PTVs are vital in transporting patients during emergencies such as typhoons, delivering medical supplies, and bridging vital gaps in medical response.

The PTVs are equipped with stretchers, oxygen tanks, blood pressure monitors, and other essential medical equipment.

Marcos underscored the importance of the PCSO’s program, noting that since July 2024, around 416 PTVs have been distributed to various local government units (LGUs) across the country, excluding the National Capital Region, where the demand is not as high.

The President also revealed the approval of a P2 billion budget this year for the acquisition of 1,000 more PTVs to cover all cities and municipalities in the Philippines, aiming to enhance disaster preparedness and response both locally and nationally.

“We promise that one day every town and city will be equipped with fully operational PTVs and medical responders on standby,” Marcos declared, urging LGUs to use the ambulances effectively and ensure they are not left idle./PN

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here